Welcome To Teacher Education
The Teacher Education Division is committed to excellence in teaching, research and service in an urban environment. The faculty in the division focus on issues of teaching, learning and learning to teach in elementary and secondary classrooms. Students can obtain teaching certificates in the many programs offered (see programs for content areas of certifications and endorsements).
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- College of Education 2014 Teacher Certification Information Session - RSVP Today!
- September 1 2014Education, College ofIf you have a bachelor's degree in a field other than Education and would like to become a certified teacher, we invite you to attend an information meeting to learn more about the Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) and Post-Bachelor Certification Programs at WSU. Attendees must possess or be within one year of completing a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college/university. 2014 Meeting Schedule: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - Room 441 (Dean’s Conference Room) COE 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Saturday, July 12, 2014 - Room 10 COE 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Friday, September 19, 2014 - Room 10 COE 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- College of Education High Five Literacy Program
- September 1 2014College of EducationCollege of Education High Five Literacy Program LOOKING FOR HELP IN READING AND WRITING FOR YOUR CHILDREN? The High Five Literacy Program at Wayne State University is open to students in grades 1-8. The program will provide FREE tutoring in reading and writing skills on Wednesdays from October 2014 through April 2015. Tutors are graduate students completing a master’s program in reading under the supervision of faculty in the Reading, Language, and Literature Program. To Enroll in the High Five Literacy Program Contact Renee at 313-577-1742, who will send an application form or download the form click on link for more information and download an application: http://coe.wayne.edu/ted/reading/tutoring_program.php Attendance in the program on a regular basis will benefit both your child and the tutor. Two (2) or more absences will result in your child being withdrawn for the program. It is the parent or guardians responsibility to call and report absences. APPLICANTS ACCEPTED INTO THE PROGRAM WILL BE CONTACTED BY PHONE WITH THE STARTING DATE. Due to overwhelming responses, we will be unable to contact each parent of applicants. The program can accommodate a limited number of students, therefore, students will be selected on a first-come, first serve basis. Students who are not selected will be placed on a waiting list until the next opening is available for the 2014-2015 school years. Applicants must reapply each school year. Where is Program Located? Sessions will be held at Wayne State University’s (Downtown Detroit Location) College of Education. Transportation to and from tutoring sessions is the responsibility of the student’s parent or guardian. Parking is available in Parking Structure No. 2, located on Anthony Wayne Drive, for $7.00. There is often metered street parking available as well The dates for the program are as follows: Beginning October 2014 – April 2015 Times 5:15 pm – 6:30 pm YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED IF YOUR CHILD IS ACCEPTED INTO THE PROGRAM!
- Apply Now for the 2014 Fall Art Therapy Workshop
- September 1 2014 at 12:00 PMCommunity Arts BuldingAn art therapy 10-week workshop for children and adults, and a practicum experience for graduate art therapy students, supervised by faculty members who are registered art therapists.
- Success Track School Supply Drive
- September 2 2014 at 2:00 PMEducation, College ofThe Success Track Learning Community in the College of Education will be hosting a school supply drive for local children in need through the Michigan Friends of Education: Operation Kid Equip. There will be bins located in the lobby of the College of Education on Thursday, August 28th and Tuesday, September 2nd. A bin will also be in 489 COE until Friday, September 12th. Suggested items to donate include: Crayons Pencils Pens Markers (washable) Scissors (blunt-tip) Rulers Glue Sticks Erasers Backpacks We look forward to seeing you there!
- More Events
Dr. Kathleen Crawford-McKinney