Welcome To Teacher Education
The Teacher Education Division is committed to excellence in teaching, research and service in an urban environment. The faculty in the division focus on issues of teaching, learning and learning to teach in elementary and secondary classrooms. Students can obtain teaching certificates in the many programs offered (see programs for content areas of certifications and endorsements).
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- Applications for the winter 2014 GO-GIRL Program are Due by 12/7/2013
- December 4 2013Education, College ofApplications for the Winter 2014 GO-GIRL program are now available. Applicants must submit an application with a personal statement and solicit a recommendation from a person that will support their application. Each year the number of applications we receive continues to grow and our selection process becomes more challenging. Selections are based on the quality of the application and recommendation so applicants need to take the time to carefully and thoroughly complete the process by the December 7, 2013 deadline. Since teamwork is a critical component of the program, participants must be able to commit to attending all sessions. Be sure to check out the GO-GIRL Winter 2014 Calendar on the GO-GIRL website before applying. Applications and recommendation forms are available at www.gogirls.wayne.edu Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
- College of Education Teacher Certification Meetings 2014
- December 4 2013Education, College ofIf you have a bachelor's degree in a field other than Education and would like to become a certified teacher, we invite you to attend an information meeting to learn more about the Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) and Post-Bachelor Certification Programs at WSU. Attendees must possess or be within one year of completing a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college/university. Please bring legible copies of all transcripts. 2014 Meeting Schedule: Saturday, January 25, 2014 - Room 10 COE 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, February 5, 2014 – University Center (Macomb Extension Center) 5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. Thursday, February 20, 2014 - Room 441 (Dean’s Conference Room) COE 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 16, 2014 – Oakland Extension Center 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Saturday, May 10, 2014 - Room 10 COE 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - Room 441 (Dean’s Conference Room) COE 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Saturday, July 12, 2014 - Room 10 COE 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, August 19, 2014 - Room 10 COE 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Friday, September 19, 2014 - Room 10 COE 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- The Librarian is in!
- December 4 2013 at 3:00 PMEducation, College ofFrom 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. in the College of Education, room 217. If you need help with research strategies, library resources, APA citation, Beginning EndNote, faculty publishing, Wayne State digital repository deposits visit Veronica Bielat, Education Liaison Librarian (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Celebrate Learning
- December 5 2013 at 10:00 AMStudent CenterOn December 5, 2013 the Mission Possible: Graduation program (a King-Chavez-Parks Initiative) will be hosting its Fourth Annual Celebrate Learning activity. The origin of this event evolved from conversations with students; many didn’t connect learning with celebrating. From their perspective, the educational process was more of a “have to” and “get it over with” series of experiences rather than something that should be celebrated. Students celebrated canceled classes, breaks and snow days; not having the realization that their learning is what will decide their future. Celebrate Learning gives students an opportunity to celebrate their academic successes. What students learn at Wayne State University will provide them with an advantage when they start competing for jobs of choice. Having a degree is no longer enough. The ability of WSU graduates to demonstrate their learning is the true power of education. Providing students with the opportunity to demonstrate their learning at the Celebrate Learning event…is worth celebrating! We invite you to join us at this year’s Celebrate Learning event! See and hear faculty, staff and students share their best practices: ways students are engaged, strategies used to facilitate learning, and classroom assessment techniques. Students will share what they have learned through assignments and projects; students will teach what they have learned to others; students will demonstrate what’s right with their learning. Celebrate Learning is an event that is all about the spirit of caring and sharing; be a part of the celebration!
- More Events
Dr. Kathleen Crawford-McKinney