We offer a wide range of diverse programs to put you firmly on your career path, from teacher preparation to kinesiology to rehabilitation counseling to many more.
Teacher Education Graduate
French - English Education
Faculty and Staff
Neha Gothe, Kinesiology, Health and Sport Studies. Dr. Gothe's research interests are in the field of physical activity and quality of life across the life span.
The Kaplan Collaborative for Critical Urban Studies in partnership with the parents & community of Oakman Orthopedic/Elementary present the film screening, panel discussion & community networking event at WSU.
- College of Education Associate Professor Tom Pedroni is quoted in the Detroit Free Press "Snyder: Detroit could be 'template' for education reform"
- Lila Murphy Gutuskey, Ph.D. student and GRA, College of Education, Division of Kinesiology, Health & Sport Studies receives 2015 SOPHE 21st Century Student Scholarship
- College of Education Dr. Carolyn Shields, Professor, Presents at The Humanities Center Brown Bag Colloquium Series January 28, 2015
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- College of Education High Five Literacy Program
- January 27 2015College of EducationCollege of Education High Five Literacy Program LOOKING FOR HELP IN READING AND WRITING FOR YOUR CHILDREN? The High Five Literacy Program at Wayne State University is open to students in grades 1-8. The program will provide FREE tutoring in reading and writing skills on Wednesdays from October 2014 through April 2015. Tutors are graduate students completing a master’s program in reading under the supervision of faculty in the Reading, Language, and Literature Program. To Enroll in the High Five Literacy Program Download application: http://coe.wayne.edu/ted/reading/tutoring_program.php Attendance in the program on a regular basis will benefit both your child and the tutor. Two (2) or more absences will result in your child being withdrawn for the program. It is the parent or guardians responsibility to call and report absences. APPLICANTS ACCEPTED INTO THE PROGRAM WILL BE CONTACTED BY PHONE WITH THE STARTING DATE. Due to overwhelming responses, we will be unable to contact each parent of applicants. The program can accommodate a limited number of students, therefore, students will be selected on a first-come, first serve basis. Students who are not selected will be placed on a waiting list until the next opening is available for the 2014-2015 school years. Applicants must reapply each school year. Where is Program Located? Sessions will be held at Wayne State University’s (Downtown Detroit Location) College of Education. Transportation to and from tutoring sessions is the responsibility of the student’s parent or guardian. Parking is available in Parking Structure No. 2, located on Anthony Wayne Drive, for $7.00. There is often metered street parking available as well The dates for the program are as follows: Beginning October 2014 – April 2015 Times 5:15 pm – 6:30 pm YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED IF YOUR CHILD IS ACCEPTED INTO THE PROGRAM!
- College of Education Teacher Certification Meeting Schedule - RSVP Today!
- February 5 2015TBDIf you have a bachelor's degree in a field other than Education and would like to become a certified teacher, we invite you to attend an information meeting to learn more about the Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) and Post-Bachelor Certification Programs at WSU. Attendees must possess or be within one year of completing a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college/university. 2015 Meeting Schedule: Saturday, January 17, 2015 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Room 10 College of Education Main Campus Facilitator: Beverly E. Schneider Thursday, February 5, 2015 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Macomb Campus Facilitator: Cheryl Cormier-Kuhn Thursday, February 19, 2015 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Room 10 College of Education Main Campus Facilitator: Beverly E. Schneider Wednesday, April 15, 2015 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Room 156 Oakland Campus Facilitator: Beverly E. Schneider Saturday, May 9, 2015 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Room 10 College of Education Main Campus Facilitator: Beverly E. Schneider Wednesday, June 17, 2015 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Room 10 College of Education Main Campus Facilitator: Beverly E. Schneider Saturday, July 18, 2015 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Room 10 College of Education Main Campus Facilitator: Beverly E. Schneider Friday, September 18, 2015 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Room 10 College of Education Main Campus Facilitator: Beverly E. Schneider
- College of Education Teacher certification information meeting
- February 5 2015 at 5:00 PMUniversity Center Macomb - Educational OutreachInformation on all areas will be presented at all meetings. Program advisors will be on hand to discuss specific information and answer questions related to their areas.
- More Events