Wayne State University College of Education students and graduates are recruited and employed in a wide variety of careers in teacher education, instructional design, leadership and policy, kinesiology, sports administration, educational psychology, and counseling. They are in demand and lead the way in some of the world's most important and inspiring professions. In fact, our alumni represent nearly a quarter of all school administrators in Michigan.
There are a growing number of jobs available, and our goal is to help connect our community with the employers looking to fill them.
Student and alumni career resources
- Visit our career blog for job postings in all fields of education, job fair information, full- and part-time employment, tutoring opportunities, and more.
- Visit the WSU Career Services Office online or in person at 1001 Faculty Administration Building, 656 Reuther Mall, Detroit, MI 48202. Be sure to complete a profile and upload a resume with the office.
- Network and connect with College of Education alumni and friends on Linkedln, Facebook or Twitter.
Salary information and career trends
- The American Association for Employment in Education (AAEE) regularly publishes supply and demand information.
- Salary Information may be obtained from the American Federation of Teachers (AFT). Salaries for teachers vary within each state.
- Why now is the time to go into teaching – updated December, 2017, huffingtonpost.com
If you are an employer and would like to post a job announcement, please send postings to Donna Carroll at email@example.com, or direct questions to (313) 577-8116.