321 Education Bldg.
Office Hours: By appointment.
- Ph.D., Communications, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- B.A., English, Purdue University Calumet
James Salvo’s research interests are in qualitative inquiry, ethics, and theory. He is the associate director of the International Congress of Qualitative Inquiry and is the managing editor of Qualitative Inquiry, Cultural Studies ⇔ Critical Methodologies, and the International Review of Qualitative Research. He co-edits a book series on Myers Education Press with Norman K. Denzin and another book series on Routledge with Jasmine B. Ulmer. His most recent book is Reading Autoethnography: Reflections on Justice & Love (Routledge, 2020), and his forthcoming book is Writing & Unrecognized Academic Labor.
- Qualitative research methodology
Area Of Expertise
- Qualitative Inquiry
- Philosophy of Education
- EER 7870: Qualitative Research 1: Introduction
- EER 8520: Qualitative Research 2: Design and Data Collection
- EER 8530: Qualitative Research 3: Data Analysis and Reporting
- EER 8560: Advanced Qualitative Inquiry: Innovations in Practice