Christopher B. Crowley
Office Hours: By appointment.
- Ph.D., Curriculum & Instruction, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- M.S.Ed., Reading/Writing/Literacy, University of Pennsylvania
- B.A., English/Writing; Sociology, St. Lawrence University
Crowley's primary area of research is in the field of curriculum studies and focuses on issues of privatization in teacher education. His research critically examines how various stakeholders including non-profit organizations, philanthropic foundations, the for-profit sector and others are becoming increasingly involved in multiple aspects of teacher education. His research has appeared in journals such as Teacher Education & Practice, Teachers College Record, and Schools: Studies in Education and in several edited volumes.
Area Of Expertise
- Curriculum Theory
- Teacher Education
- Politics of Education Reform
- Literacy Education
- Teacher Research/Practitioner Inquiry
- TED 8270 - Seminar: Issues in Curriculum and Instruction (The Study of Teaching and Teacher Education)
- RLL 7300 - Literacy Across the Curriculum
- RLL 6121 - Reading in the Content Areas: 6-12