Office Hours: By appointment.
- Ph.D. in Higher Education, The Pennsylvania State University, 2011
- M.A. in Higher Education, New York University, 2006
- B.S. in Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences, Ohio University, 1999
Carl Sorgen serves as the Associate Director of the Office for Teaching & Learning at Wayne State University. Carl earned a Ph.D. in Higher Education from The Pennsylvania State University where he served as a research associate in the Center for the Study of Higher Education. In addition to having a strong foundation in research and assessment, he is an experienced university instructor and holds a graduate certificate in college teaching from Penn State. Carl also earned a master’s degree in higher education administration from New York University and an undergraduate degree in speech, language, and hearing sciences from Ohio University. Most recently, Carl served Wayne State as a research analyst in the Office for Institutional Research.
CV: C. Sorgen
- Learning and Development in Higher Education
- An introduction to Student Affairs
- Research and assessment in Student Affairs
- Social Justice Issues in Higher Education
- Sexual Identity Across the Lifespan
- Recreation and Sports Sciences