Ingrid J Guerra-Lopez
Office Hours: By appointment
- Ph.D. (2001) Instructional Systems, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL.
- MS (1998) Instructional Systems with an Emphasis in Performance Systems Design, Florida State University, FL
- BA (1997): Psychology, Minor in English & Philosophy, Florida State University, Cum Laude.
- AA (1995): Communications, Miami-Dade Community College, Honors.
Dr. Guerra-López is a Professor at Wayne State University and Director of the Institute for Learning and Performance Improvement. Dr. Guerra-López's research focuses on improving learning and performance effectiveness through learning systems analysis, design, alignment, and evaluation. Her work also includes the design and development of performance measurement and management systems, and key performance indicators (KPI) mapping. Her most recent work is focused on the strategic alignment of learning, talent development, and performance improvement programs.
She has held key leadership positions in prominent professional organizations in the field, including the International Society for Performance Improvement (ISPI) Board of Directors, Editor-In-Chief of its research journal, Performance Improvement Quarterly, Chair of the ISPI Research Committee, and various other key committees and task forces. In 2017, Dr. Guerra-López was awarded the ISPI Distinguished Service Award, one of ISPI’s most significant honors.
She has written eight books, including the best-seller Needs Assessment for Organizational Success, and over 100 other publications in performance measurement and evaluation, needs assessment, and strategic alignment. She has also worked with students, leadership, and organizations in over 35 countries disseminating evidenced-based performance improvement practices.
Dr. Guerra-López earned her Ph.D. and Masters in Instructional and Performance Systems and her undergraduate in psychology with honors from the Florida State University. She has been recognized by the Florida State University's Instructional Systems Design program for her contributions to the field, and received the distinguished Gagne/Briggs Outstanding Alumnus award in 2014.
Research, Teaching, Advising: Performance Improvement
Area Of Expertise
- Learning systems analysis and design
- Strateglic alignment of learning and performance improvement programs and systems
- Workplace performance measurement and management
- Performance assessment, monitoring and evaluation
- Performance indicator mapping
- Feedback and decision-making mechanisms
Dr. Guerra-López’s current research focuses on a set of interrelated processes for supporting the strategic alignment of learning and performance management/improvement programs that includes system analysis, design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
• Performance Evaluation
• Needs Assessment & Analysis
• Performance Consulting
• Research in Learning Design & Technology
• The Adult Learner
• Introduction to Human Performance Technology
Community Engagement Activities
Dr. Guerra-Lopez does significant work in capacity building for international development through collaborations with the World Bank, The United States Agency for International Development, the Interamerican Development Bank, and the United Nations.