- Tuesdays 2:30 - 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays 2:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- Ed.D. - Rehabilitation Counseling and Counseling Psychology (University of Arizona)
- Post-Masters - Counseling Psychology (University of Ottawa)
- M.A. - Vocational Guidance (New York University)
- B.A. - Educational Sociology (Brooklyn College)
- National - Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC)
- State of Michigan - Licensed Psychologist (LP)
- State of Michigan - Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- State of Ohio - Licensed Psychologist (LP)
Dr. Coven’s teaching approach is experiential. Theories are not only presented verbally but enhanced with active experiments. The students learn by doing and experiencing the concepts. This is congruent with a substantial degree of counselor training focusing on the professional and personal growth of counselor trainees. The trainees are then able to model therapeutic relationship skills for their clients, further evidence of the hands-on learning approach.
- Editor, Michigan Journal of Counseling, November 2015-Present.
- Member of RAP Committee to Evaluate the Wayne State Doctoral Social Work Program, Fall 2014.
- Executive Board Member of the Michigan Association for Specialists in Group Work, 2010-Present.
- Co-coordinator of Counseling and Art Therapy Program, 2015-Present.
- Conducted a Gestalt Dreamwork Workshop for Therapists/Counselors at the Samaritan Counseling Center, Winter 2015.
- Conducted a Gestalt Dreamwork Workshop for Therapists/Counselors at the Sollars Counseling Center, Fall 2015.
- Group Counseling
- Common Factors
- Strength Based Counseling
- Gestalt Therapy
Area Of Expertise
- Group Counseling
- Gestalt Approach
- Intergrating Gestalt Counseling Approach with Mindfulness
- Intergrating Yalom's Therapeutic Factors with Common Factors
- Advanced Consultation Theory and Methods
- Counseling and Consulting Services in Community Agencies
- Counseling Internship
- Group Counseling Participation
- Introduction to Group Work
- Seminar and Internship Supervising Counselors
- Seminar in Group Counseling