AT Program Admission and Requirements
Program Admission Requirements
Enrollment in the Master of Science in Athletic Training (MSAT) is contingent upon admission to the WSU Graduate School. A cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale is required during bachelor's degree studies. Additionally, applicants must satisfy the following criteria:
- An earned bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- Statement of professional goals
- Three professional references, with at least one from an athletic trainer (ATC)
- Documented observation of an athletic trainer (ATC) in the professional setting for a minimum of 30 hours
- Proof of current Emergency Cardiac Care (CPR/AED) Certification or Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Grade of C or better in the following courses:
- Anatomy and Physiology (6-8 credits)
- Exercise Physiology (3 credits)
- Research/Statistical Methods (3 credits)
- Physics (3 credits)
- General Psychology (3 credits)
- Nutrition (3 credits)
- Biomechanics (3 credits)
- A personal interview
Applications for the 2018 Summer Term enrollment are now being accepted. Application review begins January 2, 2018.
- Complete the Wayne State University Office of Graduate Admissions online application.
The course of study will be a 24-month program beginning during the summer semester. Students will complete a total of four semesters and two summer sessions, integrating a competency-based approach in both the classroom and clinical settings. Students are required to complete each semester sequentially, with full-time enrollment.
Requirements for Clinical Rotation Assignments (Post Admission)
- Completion of a criminal background check
- Proof of immunizations, which may include a current TB test
- Completion of a Technical Standards Understanding Agreement