Annual Education Job Fair
The annual Education Job Fair will take place from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Thursday, May 9, 2019. Wayne State students and alumni who are seeking employment or interested in boosting their communication, interviewing and networking skills are encouraged to attend. Students and graduates from education programs at colleges and universities throughout the state, current education professionals and others interested in pursuing careers in education are also welcome to participate in the event, which will be held on the main campus in the Student Center Ballroom.
- No fee for candidates registering online by Tuesday, May 7, 2019.
- Onsite registration on May 9, 2019, is $10.00.
Candidates may start signing in at 8:30 a.m. Parking is available in Structure 5. Cost to park is $8.00 and you must use a credit card to enter and leave the structure. Limited street parking is available.
Have the following information ready to be added to your candidate registration form:
- Phone numbers
- Teaching major, teaching minor, additional endorsement(s) or certification
- Professional e-portfolio link (make it public)
- LinkedIn or other electronic resume (make it public)
- Personal statement (optional; maximum 200 words)
- Pay attention to capitalization, punctuation and grammar as this information will be shared (with your permission) with recruiters
Job Fair Preparation Workshop
Get prepared for the Education Job Fair with the College of Education and Wayne State University Career Services preparation workshop. Learn job fair tips, have your resume reviewed, and more. Get Ready to be Hired!
Tuesday, April 30, 2019 | 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. | 112 Education Bldg.
Career Fair Plus
Information about registered job fair recruiters is available by using the CareerFairPlus app.
If you have questions about the job fair, contact Mary Waker, Ed.D., at (313) 577-8552 or firstname.lastname@example.org.