Education Annual Job Fair
The annual Education Job Fair will take place from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Friday, May 5. Wayne State students and alumni who are seeking employment or interested in boosting their communication, interviewing and networking skills are encouraged to attend. Students and graduates from education programs at colleges and universities throughout the state, current education professionals and others interested in pursuing careers in education are also welcome to participate in the event, which will be held on the main campus in the Student Center Ballroom.
- No fee for candidates registering online by May 3, 2017.
- Onsite registration on May 5, 2017, is $10.00.
Have the following information ready to be added to your candidate registration form:
- Phone numbers
- Teaching major, teaching minor, additional endorsement(s) or certification
- Professional e-portfolio link (make it public)
- LinkedIn resume (make it public)
- Personal statement (optional; maximum 200 words)
- Pay attention to capitalization, punctuation and grammar as this information will be shared (with your permission) with recruiters
Career Fair Plus
Information about participating recruiters will be made available through our Career Fair Plus app once recruiter registration closes. You will be notified via email when the app is available for download.
Webinar Wednesday: How to Prepare for the Education Job Fair | April 26
Four hours. More than 60 recruiters. Lots of eager applicants. How can you make a great impression? Attend this installment of Webinar Wednesdays and learn how! Mary Waker, Ed.D., academic services officer and coordinator of the event, will show you how to maximize use of the Career Fair Plus app to navigate the job fair successfully. The webinar will take place on Wednesday, April 26, from 12:30 to 1:00 p.m. Space is limited; reserve your spot now!
If you have questions about the job fair, contact Mary Waker, Ed.D., at (313) 577-8552 or firstname.lastname@example.org.