Communications and Marketing Resources
Here you will find information, tools and resources to help you with programs and projects. Please contact us for assistance.
Tracy Walker, Associate Director of Marketing and Communications
271 Education Bldg.
Donna Carroll, Communications and Webmaster
267 Education Bldg.
College and Division Brochures
- Academic Services (Advising Overview)
- College Overview
- Divisional Brochures
- Flyer Templates (Download)
- Education Template 1
- Education Template 2
- The flyer templates are PDF documents. Please send content (e.g., text, images, etc.) for the flyer to Donna Carroll at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tracy Walker at email@example.com. Be sure to indicate which template you prefer. Once a draft has been developed, Tracy or Donna will send it to you for review and approval.
- College of Education Letterhead
- College of Education Memo
- PowerPoint Templates (Download)
Keeping in Wayne State style
Please reference the below Wayne State University guides for all communication (digital and print).
- Admissions-related Marketing Tips
- BOG Guidelines
- Wayne State Identity Manual
- Download Official Wayne State Fonts
- Wayne Editorial Style Guide
- Wayne State Social Media Cover Artwork
The Career Resources webpage provides our students and alumni with the growing number of job postings available, and the goal of this page is to help connect our community with employers looking to fill positions. If you have questions or would like to add postings, contact Donna Carroll at (313) 577-8115 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Education Media Experts
The Faculty Experts List for Media webpage provides a list of faculty who are highly-qualified to serve as expert sources for news organizations. If you have questions or would like to additional keywords, contact Donna Carroll at (313) 577-8115 email@example.com or Tracy Walker at (313) 577-0260 firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Educator is a quarterly e-newsletter that the college sends out electronically. If you would like to suggest story ideas for the e-newsletter, contact Donna Carroll at (313) 577-8115 or email@example.com or Tracy Walker at (313) 577-0260 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Planning an event? Contact the college's marketing and communications team for assistance with promoting it.
When you add an event to the WSU calendar, make sure to cross promote it with the College of Education calendar, so it appears on our home page. Additionally, be sure to contact Donna Carroll at (313) 577-8115 or email@example.com or Tracy Walker at (313) 577-0260 or firstname.lastname@example.org, so we may assist you with the event.
Forms and Surveys
The Qualtrics Research Suite is a user-friendly, feature rich, web-based survey tool which allows users to build, distribute, and analyze online surveys, collaborate in real-time and export data in multiple formats.
For assistance with Formy or Qualtrics, contact Donna Carroll at (313) 577-8116 or email@example.com.
The marketing and communications team manages the various email listservs for the college. For assistance and guidance, contact Donna Carroll at (313) 577-8116 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public Relations and Editorial Services
Have news or an upcoming event that you would like to promote? Contact Tracy Walker at (313) 577-0260 or email@example.com.
Faculty are encouraged to accept invitations for media interviews on stories and news within their scholarly expertise, i.e. request for a professor of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies to comment on the latest policy changes in education.
Media interviews are a great and free promotional outlet for the university, college, and the faculty member's body of work.
Media training is available by appointment, free of charge, by the Office of Marketing and Communications.
Ordering Official WSU and Education Merchandise
Wayne State University's name is protected, and its use is compatible with Wayne State's brand. All merchandising activity, which also includes promotional giveaways, must be sourced through a company licensed with Wayne State. For information on Licensing and branded merchandise, contact Amy Roberge Heitman, marketing coordinator, at (313) 577-4663 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page Addresses/URL Naming
Setting up web page addresses gives us the flexibility to create multiple addresses for a single page and/or create cleaner/shorter web page addresses to improve access. The general best practice is to:
- Use short URLs that include keywords relative to the content of your page, i.e. coe.wayne.edu/marketing-team. In this case, "marketing" and "team" are two keywords that are related to the content of the page.
- Avoid words like "and" and "or" in the URL name itself, i.e. coe.wayne.edu/divisions-and-programs in preference of coe.wayne.edu/divisions-programs.
- In order to promote branding to both Wayne State and the College of Education, do not use bitly and tinyurl.
For assistance with page addresses or URL naming, contact Donna Carroll at (313) 577-8116 or email@example.com.
Profiles - Faculty and Staff
- Instructions for Uploading Profile Information
- Portrait (Free)
- Personal photos for faculty/staff portrait are available by appointment through us here in the college (Education Office 267 or 271) at no charge. These photos can be used for your faculty/staff web profile, personal website, press/media interviews, social media profile, etc.
- If you're onboarding new staff, be sure to also get them scheduled for a photo if they don't already have a high-quality (hi-res) one they'd like to use.
- To schedule a photo shoot, just send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
For assistance with your profile, contact Donna Carroll at (313) 577-8116 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For video services, please contact Wayne State's University Television (UTV). Contact UTV well in advance of your scheduled video project to get your event on the production calendar and to ensure enough time for your pre-production planning. There is a cost associated with video productions.
- College Videos
To design a coe.wayne.edu web page or to receive help with an existing page, contact Donna Carroll at (313) 577-8116 or email@example.com.
Have questions or need marketing and communications guidance? Contact Tracy Walker at (313) 577-0260 or firstname.lastname@example.org.