Message from Nate McCaughtry
Welcome to the Center for School Health. Founded in 2010, the center seeks to promote PreK-12 schools as epicenters for the improvement of youth health. Center faculty and research associates work collaboratively with schools to design, implement and research healthy school initiatives focusing on physical activity, healthy eating and nutrition, and comprehensive, school-wide approaches to wellness education and promotion.
Please take a few minutes to find out more about our center. You'll quickly learn that we're a fast-paced, productive, and multi-disciplinary team of scholars and educators working hard to understand how PreK-12 schools can facilitate the health and welfare of all children.
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- College of Education Teacher Certification Meetings 2014 - RSVP Today!
- December 12 2013Education, College ofIf you have a bachelor's degree in a field other than Education and would like to become a certified teacher, we invite you to attend an information meeting to learn more about the Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) and Post-Bachelor Certification Programs at WSU. Attendees must possess or be within one year of completing a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college/university. Please bring legible copies of all transcripts. 2014 Meeting Schedule: Saturday, January 25, 2014 - Room 10 COE 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, February 5, 2014 – University Center (Macomb Extension Center) 5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. Thursday, February 20, 2014 - Room 441 (Dean’s Conference Room) COE 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 16, 2014 – Oakland Extension Center 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Saturday, May 10, 2014 - Room 10 COE 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - Room 441 (Dean’s Conference Room) COE 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Saturday, July 12, 2014 - Room 10 COE 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, August 19, 2014 - Room 10 COE 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Friday, September 19, 2014 - Room 10 COE 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Final Defense for Richard Wayne Wooten
- December 16 2013 at 12:00 PMEducation, College ofDoctor of Philosophy Candidate: Richard Wayne WootenMajor: Educational PsychologyAdvisor: Dr. Barry S. MarkmanCommittee: Dr. Stephen B. Hillman, Dr. Alan Hoffman and Dr. Douglas BarnettDissertation: The Mediating Role of Self-Efficacy Beliefs, Perceptions of Diabetes Responsibility, and their Impact on Treatment Adherence among Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes
- Final Defense for Heidi Teresa Kromrei
- December 18 2013 at 3:00 PMEducation, College ofDoctor of Philosophy Candidate: Heidi Teresa KromreiMajor: Instructional TechnologyAdvisor: Dr. Ingrid Guerra-LopezCommittee: Dr. James Moseley, Dr. Timothy Spannaus, and Dr. Willhelmine Wiese-RometschDissertation: A Case Study of the Impact of a Systematic Evaluation Process in a Graduate Medical Education Residency Program
- Spring Open House
- March 22 2014 at 9:00 AMMain CampusOpen House is an exploratory program for prospective students to learn about the degree programs and student support services that Wayne State has to offer. Hear from our faculty, staff and students about what your future will be like as a Wayne State Warrior.
- More Events
Nate McCaughtry, PhD