Master of Education (M.Ed.) Degree in Educational Leadership
This program is designed to assist teachers in improving their competence in leadership roles, formal and informal, in the schools and community. This degree will allow for application to the Michigan School Administrator Certificate at the building level for Elementary and Secondary Administrator K-12.
Students applying for a Master's Degree must have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.75 or higher. Official transcripts of all college level work, both undergraduate and graduate, are to be mailed directly or electronically provided to the Graduate Admissions office by the institution where the work was completed.
The admission application is online. The online application is for all students (new and returning) unless you are a current student in a graduate program at Wayne State University and you are adding an additional program. For students adding an additional program, please use the College of Education Graduate Change of Status Application.
Advisors and Plan of Work
Upon notification of the assignment of an advisor, the applicant should contact the advisor by email to complete a plan of work. The plan of work is the student's "contract" with the University specifying both the number and title of courses to be taken in the program.
For more information, contact an Educational Leadership & Policy Studies advisor
Department Phone: 313-577-1728 Fax: 313-577-1693
- Dr. Carla Harting (Special Education Admin), Program Coordinator 313-577-1675, Office 379
- Dr. William Hill, Assistant Dean 313-577-9316, Office 367
- Dr. Sarah Lenhoff 313-577-0923, Office 375
- Dr. Ben Pogodzinski 313-577-2413, Office 377
- Dr. Carolyn Shields 313-577-1692, Office 397
Program Requirements - Master's Degree in Educational Leadership
- Plan of Work
- Area of Concentration
- EDA 7625 - Leadership, Administration and the Principalship 4 Cr.
- EDA 7660 - Admin. Leadership in School-Community Relations 3 Cr.
- EDA 7675 - Public School Finance and Budgeting 4 Cr.
- EDA 7690 - Michigan School Law 4 Cr.
- EDA 8650 - Staff Development and School Improvement 3 Cr.
- EDA 8990 - Internship in Administration 3 Cr.
- ED 7999 - Terminal Master's Seminar and Essay/Project 3 Cr.
- LDT 6135 - Technology Applications in School Administration 2 Cr.
- General Professional (Core) 4 credit hours required
- EER 7610 - Evaluation and Measurement 2 Cr.
- EDP 7350 - The Learning Process 2 Cr.
- Area of Concentration
- Total: 30 Cr. Hours