Plan of Work
English Education Courses
- EED 6210 - Language, Literacy, and Learning 3 Cr.
- EED 6310 -Young Adult Literature 3 Cr.
- EED 6330 - Teaching Literature in Secondary Schools 3 Cr.
- RLL 7300 - Literacy Across the Curriculum 3 Cr.
- RLL 7800 - Writing Development and Instruction 3 Cr.
- RLL 7820 - Responding to Texts: Theory and Practice 3 Cr.
In consultation with their advisor, students must take a minimum of 12 credit hours from the above courses.
Master's Degree Seminar
- RLL 7500 - Theoretical Foundations of Literacy 3 Cr.
- ED 7999 - Terminal Master's Seminar: Essay or Project 3 Cr. (Students must register for the English Education section of this course)
General Professional Requirements
One 2 credit course from three different subject areas for a total of 6 credits:
- EDA 7600 - The Structure of American Education
- EDP 5450 - Child Psychology Or EDP 5480 - Adolescent Psychology Or EDP 7350 - The Learning Process
- EDS 7630 - Educational Sociology
- EER 7610 - Evaluation and Measurement
- CED 6700 - The Role of the Teacher in Guidance
- EHP 7600 - Philosophy of Education
- SED 7050 - Inclusive Teaching
A minimum of 6 semester hours of graduate coursework in English, English Education, or related areas, such as ESL or Reading. These electives are chosen in consultation with the student's faculty advisor.