Potential students must complete a Request for Transcript Evaluation. Please indicate "Early Childhood Education" as your major on the Request for Transcript Evaluation form. An evaluation will be mailed to you identifying prerequisite courses for admission into the Post-Bachelor Certification program. Students must meet the following requirements to be admitted into the Post-Bachelor Teacher Certification program:
- A bachelor's degree from a nationally accredited institution or an international equivalent evaluated by WES or ECE.
- An honor point average of 2.5 or above in undergraduate coursework.
- Completion of the Comprehensive Major (prerequisite courses).
- A passing score on each of the three sections of the MTTC Basic Skills Test #96. The three sections on the Basic Skills Test are Mathematics, Reading, and Writing. Study guides are available on the MTTC website or in 469 Education. A test score reported directly to Wayne State University is required.
- Verification of 40 hours of successful group work with children. The State defines a group as three (3) or more children (not your own) between the ages of 3 and 18. The group work experience must be within five years of the time of admission to the Post-Bachelor Certification program. Verification forms can be found within the Level 2/Post-Bachelor Application.
- A current (within the last six months) statewide Criminal History Check.
- A current (within the last three years) negative Tuberculosis (TB) test.
Those interested in applying to the Post-Bachelor Teacher Certification program must apply by the appropriate deadline using the Level 2/Post-Bachelor Application. Students are admitted to the program every semester. The deadlines to apply are February 1, June 1, and October 1 for admission for the following semester.