Education's Student Ambassadors
Student Ambassadors are current undergraduate and graduate WSU College of Education students who volunteer throughout the year to help with student recruitment efforts in the college. Our student ambassadors serve as a point of contact for prospective students and various outreach events that the college hosts throughout the year. By providing a voice from the students' perspective to promote both our undergraduate and graduate programs. The ambassadors support retention initiatives such as:
- Return to Wayne
- Provide various services to college and university events
- Conduct campus tours for new and prospective students
- Assist with duties and tasks related to events hosted by the college
- Opportunities for service with the college and the university out in the community
- Work with diverse populations
Student Ambassadors are leaders within the College of Education that volunteer their time and talents to assist the COE in its recruitment and retention efforts. Ambassadors are tasked with engaging prospective, current, and former students; attending COE and WSU recruitment and outreach events; and providing the COE with valuable student perspectives and feedback.
To be eligible for the program, applicants must be current undergraduate or graduate COE students in good academic standing (2.5 GPA or higher for undergraduates and 3.0 or higher for graduate students) and have completed at least two semesters at Wayne State University.