321 Education Bldg.
Office Hours: By appointment.
- Ph.D., Communications, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- B.A., English, Purdue University Calumet
James Salvo’s research interests are in qualitative inquiry, ethics, and theory. He is associate editor of Qualitative Inquiry, as well as the managing editor of Cultural Studies ⇔ Critical Methodologies and the International Review of Qualitative Research. He co-edits a book series on Myers Education Press with Norman K. Denzin and another book series on Routledge with Jasmine B. Ulmer.
Salvo is a founding editor of the Routledge Encyclopedia of Qualitative Research Methods. His most recent book is Reading Autoethnography: Reflections on Justice & Love (Routledge, 2020), and his forthcoming book is Writing & Unrecognized Academic Labor: The Rejected Manuscript (Routledge, 2020).
- Qualitative research methodology
Area Of Expertise
- Qualitative Inquiry
- Philosophy of Education
- EER 7870: Qualitative Research 1: Introduction
- EER 8520: Qualitative Research 2: Design and Data Collection
- EER 8530: Qualitative Research 3: Data Analysis and Reporting
- EER 8560: Advanced Qualitative Inquiry: Innovations in Practice