AT Program Admission and Requirements
Applications will be reviewed on a continual basis until cohort cap is achieved. Classes are scheduled to begin June 2020!
Start Term - Summer
Enrollment in the Athletic Training Program (ATP) is contingent upon admission to the WSU Graduate School. A cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale is required during bachelor's degree studies. Additionally, applicants must satisfy the following criteria.
- Completion of ATCAS application
- Complete the Wayne State University Office of Graduate Admissions online application
- Completion of prerequisite courses with a C or better
- Anatomy and Physiology (6 Crs.)
- Exercise Physiology (3 Crs.)
- Research/Statistical Methods (3 Crs.)
- Physics (3 Crs.)
- Chemistry (3 Crs.)
- Biology (3Crs.)
- Psychology (3 Crs.)
- Nutrition (3 Crs.)
- Biomechanics (3 Crs.)
- Submit official transcripts to ATCAS and WSU
- Request three letters of recommendation - At least one must be from an Athletic Trainer
- Complete a personal statement
- Proof of current Emergency Cardiac Care
- Documented observation of an athletic trainer for a minimum of 30 hours
- Proof of immunizations
- Completion of the Technical Standards Agreement
- Personal interview
If you have questions regarding the application and admission process, please contact Rachael German (Rachael.email@example.com) who will process your application.
The course of study is a 24-month program, beginning during the summer semester. Students must complete a total of four semesters and two summer sessions, integrating a competency-based approach in both the classroom and clinical settings. Students are required to complete each semester sequentially, with full-time enrollment.
Applications for the 2020-2022 cohort are now being accepted. Application review will begin January 6, 2020. Qualified candidates will be invited for an on-campus interview. Classes will begin June 2020.