Athletic Training - Curriculum
- ATR 5110 - Pathophysiology of Sports Injuries 3 Crs.
- ATR 5115 - Acute Care of Athletic Injuries 3 Crs.
- ATR 5149 - Pre-Season Integrative Experience I1 Cr.
- ATR 5125 - Orthopedic Assessment 3 Crs.
- ATR 5130 - Therapeutic Intervention I 3 Crs.
- ATR 5150 - Integrative Experience in AT I 4 Crs.
- ATR 5140 – Clinical Gross Anatomy 3 Crs.
- ATR 5145 - Therapeutic Interventions II 3 Crs.
- ATR 5151 - Integrative Experience in AT II 4 Crs.
- NUR 7035 - Family Centered Health Promotion and Risk-Reduction 3 Crs.
- ATR 5215 - Medical and Pharmacologic Interventions 3 Crs.
- ATR 5250 - Interprofessional Practice Experience 2 Crs.
- ATR 5159 - Pre-Season Integrative Experience II 1 Cr.
- ATR 5135 - Evidence Based Practice in Athletic Training 3 Crs.
- ATR 5225 - Organization and Administration in Athletic Training 3 Crs.
- ATR 5251 - Integrative Experience in AT III 4 Crs.
- ATR 5252 - Clinical Immersion 6 Crs.
- ATR 5230 - Transition to Practice 3 Crs.
Total: 56 Credits
Wayne State University is currently seeking accreditation for their new Athletic Training program and is not accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE). The institution will be submitting a self-study to begin the accreditation process on July 1, 2019. Submission of the self-study and completion of a site visit does not guarantee that the program will become accredited. Students that graduate from the program prior to accreditation will not be eligible to sit for the credentialing examination for athletic trainers and will not be eligible for licensure in most states.