College of Education Student Writing Resources
Visit the COE Writing Blackboard site
Log into Blackboard
- You will see a link to the COE Writing site
- You can download the workshop handouts
- You have access to writing resources and support material
Wayne State University Writing Center: http://www.clas.wayne.edu/writing/
- HOOT (Hypertext One-on-One Tutoring) http://www.clas.wayne.edu/unit-inner.asp?WebPageID=1330
- Writing Center Blog / Resources: http://writinglab.clas.wayne.edu/
- APA Citation Guide: http://writinglab.clas.wayne.edu/?page_id=20
Wayne State Graduate School: http://www.gradschool.wayne.edu/
- Graduate Writing Resources: http://www.gradschool.wayne.edu/GradWriting/index.htm
- Master’s Students Support: http://www.gradschool.wayne.edu/Current/masterinformation.asp
- Doctoral Students: http://www.gradschool.wayne.edu/Current/phd.asp
- Graduate School Writing Resources: http://phd.wayne.edu/writingresource.htm
Other Writing Resources
- University of Wisconsin - Madison Writer's Handbook http://writing.wisc.edu/Handbook/ OWL (Online Writing Lab) from Purdue University http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/
- OWL (Online Writing Lab) from Purdue University http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/
- Guide to Grammar and Style by Jack Lynch: http://andromeda.rutgers.edu/~jlynch/Writing/b.html
EndNote (PC and MAC)
- EndNote X5tutorials - all topics including EndNote Web - http://www.endnote.com/training/
Winter 2012 EndNote workshops:
Saturday January 21, 2012 and February 4, 2012 COE room 116 from 9:00 a.m. to noon. Please note that these are identical workshops. Watch your email for directions to RSVP or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
COE Sponsored Writing Workshops
1/28/12 Writing Workshop #3 "Academic Writing from Bibliography to Qualifying Exams." Kresge Auditorium 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. - Watch for an email notification to RSVP or email email@example.com.
11/12/11 Writing Workshop #2 "Process of Moving from a Literature Review to Developing an Argument" Kresge Auditorium 8:30-noon -
10/8/11 Writing Workshop #1 "Writing a Literature Review" Kresge Auditorium 8:30-noon
The writing workshops are held at the Kresge Auditorium. All COE students will recieve email notifications of the workshops and directions to RSVP. The workshops are captured giving students access to the online version of the workshops.
Coming soon: MS- Word Skills–using MSWord for dissertation formatting.Online modules with step by step directions using MS styling and formating. Watch for an email notification.