WSU Dream Keepers Urban Teacher Residency Program
What is WSU Dream Keepers?
WSU Dream Keepers is an urban teacher residency program, committed to preparing urban teachers to meet the needs of PK-12 learners through culturally sustaining pedagogy. At the heart of WSU Dream Keepers:
- Deep partnership with schools, communities, and educational institutions
- Commitment to increasing diversity in teaching
- Intensive clinical instructional coaching
- Digital tools for teaching
WSU Dream Keepers residents will...
- Serve as teaching residents in their own classroom for 2 years with the goal of moving into those specific teaching positions upon completion of their residencies
- Be supported by WSU clinical instructional coaches
- Take WSU courses in a cohort
- Make rich use of technology as a tool to examine their teaching practice and professional growth
- Earn their MAT in approximately 24 months
Upcoming Information Sessions
Secondary Education Program
- Date: March 21 and 28, 2017
- Time: 4:30 - 6:00 p.m.
- Location: Detroit College Prep at Northwestern, 2200 West Grand Boulevard #204, Detroit, MI 48202
Questions, email: WSUDreamKeepers@wayne.edu
An innovative collaboration among: