To be considered for the M.A.T. program in special education applicants must present evidence of:
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- An honor point average of 2.75 or above for the last 60 credit hours contributing toward the bachelor’s degree.
- Successful completion of the State Basic Skills Exam. Forms are available outside the Student Teaching Office, Room 223 Education Building.
- Verification of successful group work experience with children.
- A completed major and minor or three minors required for elementary certification. Students will also complete the content area courses, pedagogy courses and other prerequisites required prior to student teaching.
- After students have been admitted to the M.A.T. program, students should meet with their advisor to complete their Plan of Work. It must be submitted to the College’s Graduate Admission Office for approval, prior to completion of 12 semester hours of graduate coursework.
- Provide current criminal background check.