Potential students must complete a Request for Transcript Evaluation. Please indicate elementary certification and desired major. Please indicate your minor as the "Planned Program" or "Comprehensive Major" (dependent upon major) and submit the form to 469 Education. An evaluation will be mailed to you listing prerequisite courses for admission into the MAT Program. Students must meet the following requirements to be admitted into the Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) program:
- A bachelor's degree from a nationally accredited institution or an international equivalent evaluated by WES or ECE.
- An honor point average of 2.75 or above in undergraduate coursework.
- Completion of all prerequisite courses.
- Successful completion of the Michigan Test for Teacher Certification (MTTC). Three sections on the Basic Skills Test are Mathematics, Reading, and Writing.
- Verification of 40 hours of successful group work with children. The State defines a group as three (3) or more children (not your own) between the ages of 3 and 18. The group work experience must be within five years of the time of admission to Level 2. Verification forms can be found within the Level 2 Application.
- A current (within the last six months) statewide Criminal History Check.
- Additional testing requirements are necessary for World Language Majors and/or Minors and Bilingual-Bicultural Minors.
Those interested in applying to the M.A.T. Program (upon completion of prerequisite courses) must apply to the Graduate School by the appropriate deadline. Students are admitted to the M.A.T. Program every semester. The deadlines to apply are March 15, July 1, and November 1 for admission for the following semester.
Additional information is available through the Office of Student Financial Aid.