Welcome To The Curriculum and Instruction Program
Curriculum and Instruction is committed to preparing a new generation of educators and scholars by engaging them in critical inquiry of educational issues and needs germane to the large cities of the 21st century. Education of new scholars capitalizes on the cultural richness of urban Detroit and its suburbs. Consistent with contemporary understandings of knowledge development and learning sciences, professional educators study the art and craft of constructing learning sequences, teaching and learning modules, assessments, and professional development models and materials. Educational tools and intellectually stimulating empathetic environments are provided to facilitate conceptual understanding, defensible practices, and learning dispositions. Conducting innovative research centered in and informed by theory and practice is endowed with intellectual merit and is intended to have a broad impact on teaching and learning.
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- College of Education 2014 Teacher Certification Meeting Schedule - RSVP Today!
- March 12 2014Education, College ofIf you have a bachelor's degree in a field other than Education and would like to become a certified teacher, we invite you to attend an information meeting to learn more about the Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) and Post-Bachelor Certification Programs at WSU. Attendees must possess or be within one year of completing a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college/university. Please bring legible copies of all transcripts. 2014 Meeting Schedule: Saturday, January 25, 2014 - Room 10 COE 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, February 5, 2014 – University Center (Macomb Extension Center) 5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. Thursday, February 20, 2014 - Room 441 (Dean’s Conference Room) COE 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 16, 2014 – Oakland Extension Center 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Saturday, May 10, 2014 - Room 10 COE 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - Room 441 (Dean’s Conference Room) COE 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Saturday, July 12, 2014 - Room 10 COE 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, August 19, 2014 - Room 10 COE 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Friday, September 19, 2014 - Room 10 COE 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Final Defense for Jeffery Lip
- March 18 2014 at 11:00 AMEducation, College ofDoctor of Philosophy Candidate: Jeffery LipMajor: CounselingAdvisor: Dr. George ParrisCommittee: Dr. Arnold Coven, Dr. Stuart Itzkowitz and Dr. A. Antonio Gonzalez-PrendesDissertation: The Effects of a Career-Planning Course on Community College Students' Career Self-Efficacy and Career Indecisiveness
- Final Defense for Ching-Yi Wu
- March 20 2014 at 11:30 AMEducation, College ofDoctor of Philosophy Candidate: Ching-Yi WuMajor: Evaluation & ResearchAdvisor: Dr. Karen TonsoCommittee: Dr. Monte Piliawsky, Dr. David Whitin and Dr. Loraleigh KeashlyDissertation: Qualitative Study of Taiwanese Students Studying Abroad: Social Interactions, Navigating U.S. Culture, and Experiences Learning English Language
- Spring Open House
- March 22 2014 at 10:00 AMMain CampusOpen House is an exploratory program for prospective students to learn about the degree programs and student support services that Wayne State has to offer. Hear from our faculty, staff and students about what your future will be like as a Wayne State Warrior.
- More Events
General K-12 Curriculum
313 577 0902