Plan of Work
For students enrolled at WSU, please refer to the Elementary Education Curriculum Guide and please consult with an Academic Advisor in the Division of Academic Services, 469 Education. Level 1 students will follow the curriculum guide. Level 2 students will receive their individualized Plan of Work at the mandatory Level 2 Orientation.
Level 2 undergraduate students are advised by Anna Miller. The Level 2 experience includes remaining Early Childhood Minor coursework, methodology courses, pre-student teaching and student teaching. Students in Early Childhood Education must complete two clinical experiences in student teaching: one in a grade 1-3 classroom and one at the College of Education Early Childhood Center. The Early Childhood Education Minor courses include:
- ELE 3200 - Literature for Children* 3 Cr.
- PSY 3430 - Infant Development* 3 Cr.
- PSY 3440 - Child Behavior & Development* 3 Cr. Or EDP 5450 - Child Psychology 3 Cr.
- W F/W/SS**
- ELE 6020 - Seminar in Early Childhood Education 3 Cr.
- ELE 6040 - Role of the Content Areas in Early Childhood Education 3 Cr.
- ELE 6070 - Family, Community, and Parent Partnerships* 3 Cr.
- ELE 6080 - Pre-Primary Goals and Practices (co-requisite with TED 5790) 3 Cr.
- ELE 6340 - Teaching Reading in Early Childhood Education 3 Cr.
Total Credit Hours: 24
*Students may take these courses in Level 1.
**Typically offered, subject to change (F=Fall, W=Winter, SS=Spring/Summer).