Teacher Cadet Endorsement
The Teacher Cadet endorsement (VG) is an additional endorsement for previously certified teachers. The secondary (grades 9-12) classes these individuals teach are for Career and Technical Education students who are interested in exploring a career as a teacher. Candidates must be a master teacher and hold a Continuing/Professional/Provisional secondary or elementary certificate.
Procedures for Applying for the Endorsement
The following documents are needed to process applications for the Teacher Cadet endorsement. It is important that all documents listed below be forwarded together as a packet. This will ensure that all documents needed for the Standard CTE Certificate are processed at the same time.
- A completed Application for an Additional Endorsement.
- A copy of the applicant's current Michigan teaching certificate.
- A notarized Verification of Work form from the employer (s) that provide evidence of 4,000 hours or 2 academic years of CTE teaching experience in any vocationally endorsed area or under a Human Services/Vocational Child Care endorsement within the recent past 5 years. These forms may be forwarded directly from the employer to the address listed below. This is the only document that will be accepted outside the completed packet.
- A copy of the WSU transcript verifying the completion of the courses completed below:
- ELE 6040 - Role of the Content Areas in Early Childhood Education (3 Cr. Hrs.)
- ELE 6100 - Planning & Implementing Preschool Curriculum (3 Cr. Hrs.) And
Note: These courses may be used an electives in the Master of Education in Teaching and Learning program, as well.
For more information about the application, please contact the Academic Services Department in the College of Education at (313) 577-1601.
Return the completed packet to:
CTE Program Coordinator
Career and Technical Education
College of Education
Wayne State University
Detroit, MI 48202
To arrange a meeting to discuss the Teacher Cadet Endorsement requirements, please call (313) 577-0902.
Or, please email the CTE Program Coordinator with your questions.