The Theoretical and Behavioral Foundations Division offers graduate degree programs in:
- Counselor Education
- Educational Evaluation and Research
- Educational Psychology
- Rehabilitation Counseling
These programs prepare students for a variety of professions such as school and community agency counselors, guidance workers, career guidance specialists; leadership positions in educational evaluation and statistics, computer applications, research methodology, and psychologists in school and community settings.
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- College of Education 2014 Teacher Certification Meeting Schedule - RSVP Today!
- March 11 2014Education, College ofIf you have a bachelor's degree in a field other than Education and would like to become a certified teacher, we invite you to attend an information meeting to learn more about the Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) and Post-Bachelor Certification Programs at WSU. Attendees must possess or be within one year of completing a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college/university. Please bring legible copies of all transcripts. 2014 Meeting Schedule: Saturday, January 25, 2014 - Room 10 COE 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, February 5, 2014 – University Center (Macomb Extension Center) 5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. Thursday, February 20, 2014 - Room 441 (Dean’s Conference Room) COE 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 16, 2014 – Oakland Extension Center 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Saturday, May 10, 2014 - Room 10 COE 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - Room 441 (Dean’s Conference Room) COE 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Saturday, July 12, 2014 - Room 10 COE 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, August 19, 2014 - Room 10 COE 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Friday, September 19, 2014 - Room 10 COE 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Final Defense for Jeffery Lip
- March 18 2014 at 11:00 AMEducation, College ofDoctor of Philosophy Candidate: Jeffery LipMajor: CounselingAdvisor: Dr. George ParrisCommittee: Dr. Arnold Coven, Dr. Stuart Itzkowitz and Dr. A. Antonio Gonzalez-PrendesDissertation: The Effects of a Career-Planning Course on Community College Students' Career Self-Efficacy and Career Indecisiveness
- Final Defense for Ching-Yi Wu
- March 20 2014 at 11:30 AMEducation, College ofDoctor of Philosophy Candidate: Ching-Yi WuMajor: Evaluation & ResearchAdvisor: Dr. Karen TonsoCommittee: Dr. Monte Piliawsky, Dr. David Whitin and Dr. Loraleigh KeashlyDissertation: Qualitative Study of Taiwanese Students Studying Abroad: Social Interactions, Navigating U.S. Culture, and Experiences Learning English Language
- Spring Open House
- March 22 2014 at 10:00 AMMain CampusOpen House is an exploratory program for prospective students to learn about the degree programs and student support services that Wayne State has to offer. Hear from our faculty, staff and students about what your future will be like as a Wayne State Warrior.
- More Events