The Theoretical and Behavioral Foundations Division offers graduate degree programs in:
- Counselor Education
- Educational Evaluation and Research
- Educational Psychology
- Rehabilitation Counseling
These programs prepare students for a variety of professions such as school and community agency counselors, guidance workers, career guidance specialists; leadership positions in educational evaluation and statistics, computer applications, research methodology, and psychologists in school and community settings.
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- College of Education Teacher Certification Meetings 2014 - RSVP Today!
- December 8 2013Education, College ofIf you have a bachelor's degree in a field other than Education and would like to become a certified teacher, we invite you to attend an information meeting to learn more about the Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) and Post-Bachelor Certification Programs at WSU. Attendees must possess or be within one year of completing a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college/university. Please bring legible copies of all transcripts. 2014 Meeting Schedule: Saturday, January 25, 2014 - Room 10 COE 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, February 5, 2014 – University Center (Macomb Extension Center) 5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. Thursday, February 20, 2014 - Room 441 (Dean’s Conference Room) COE 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 16, 2014 – Oakland Extension Center 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Saturday, May 10, 2014 - Room 10 COE 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - Room 441 (Dean’s Conference Room) COE 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Saturday, July 12, 2014 - Room 10 COE 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, August 19, 2014 - Room 10 COE 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Friday, September 19, 2014 - Room 10 COE 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- The Librarian is in!
- December 11 2013 at 3:00 PMEducation, College ofFrom 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. in the College of Education, room 217. If you need help with research strategies, library resources, APA citation, Beginning EndNote, faculty publishing, Wayne State digital repository deposits visit Veronica Bielat, Education Liaison Librarian (email@example.com)
- Final Defense for Rand Ramadan Fakih
- December 11 2013 at 3:00 PMEducation, College ofDoctor of Philosophy Candidate: Rand Ramadan FakihMajor: Educational PsychologyAdvisor: Dr. Barry S. MarkmanCommittee: Dr. Stephen B. Hillman, Dr. Francesca Pernice-Duca and Dr. Marjorie BeeghlyDissertation: Ethnic Identify Among Arab Americans: An Examination of Contextual Influences and Psychological Well-Being
- Final Defense for Richard Wayne Wooten
- December 16 2013 at 12:00 PMEducation, College ofDoctor of Philosophy Candidate: Richard Wayne WootenMajor: Educational PsychologyAdvisor: Dr. Barry S. MarkmanCommittee: Dr. Stephen B. Hillman, Dr. Alan Hoffman and Dr. Douglas BarnettDissertation: The Mediating Role of Self-Efficacy Beliefs, Perceptions of Diabetes Responsibility, and their Impact on Treatment Adherence among Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes
- More Events