Master of Art in School and Community Psychology - Online
Are you interested in a career as a School Psychologist with dual training in counseling psychology? You live in Michigan, but relocating to Southwest Michigan to attend on-campus programs is not possible for you?
- School psychology is an exciting career that is not well-publicized. To learn more about the field of school psychology, go to www.nasponline.org and www.maspweb.com.
- There is a severe shortage of school psychologists in Michigan, particularly in the northern lower and upper peninsulas of Michigan, but also across the lower peninsula in rural, suburban, and urban areas alike.
- To help train more school psychologists, the Wayne State University School & Community Psychology program in the College of Education is seeking students for a unique opportunity to participate in a distance cohort that will train you for these careers without relocating! This is a solution for those in areas who cannot relocate.
- Students will participate in live classes over the internet, taught by highly skilled and talented faculty, and receive synchronous instruction with an on-campus cohort of students. Field experiences will be conducted in your local areas, supervised by seasoned school psychologists practicing in schools near you.You do not need to relocate for the program, though approximately one evening campus visit per semester will be required.
- The program begins in Fall 2018 and progresses full-time only, following the curricular sequence and all requirements as described in our program brochure, which can be found at this link: http://coe.wayne.edu/tbf/educational-psychology/school-index.php
- Eligible/preferred applicants: Michigan residents who cannot relocate to the metro-Detroit area. Students from other states may be considered in the future.
Please phone and/or email Dr. Cheryl Somers ASAP to discuss the program and what is involved! We are still accepting applications until we fill the Fall 2018 cohort.
Cheryl L. Somers, Ph.D.
Director, School & Community Psychology Program
Professor, Educational Psychology
Wayne State University College of Education
3 North 5425 Gullen Mall, #341
Detroit, MI 48202
- Office Telephone: (313) 577-1670
- Fax: (313) 577-5235
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org