Thank you for selecting the College of Education at Wayne State University for your higher education experience. We're committed to providing our students with information through our website that is user-friendly, provides course and program offerings, learn of advising oportunities, locate deadlines, forms and much more.
Our faculty and staff are continually updating our academic programs to respond to—and anticipate—evolving employment sector demands and needs, research findings, and technology. We want you to feel confident that the education and preparation you will receive in the college is cutting-edge and employment-ready. Not only do we want our graduates to maintain the fine reputation the college has for preparing excellent teachers, school administrators, counselors, health educators and more, we want your academic career to be challenging, engaging, and rewarding.
The College of Education offers:
- 37 specialized undergraduate and graduate programs taught by diverse, nationally respected faculty
- Over 600 courses from which to choose
- Professional laboratory experiences in local settings: classrooms, schools, school districts, agencies and businesses
- Unique mentoring and tutoring opportunities in metropolitan Detroit
- Cutting-edge instructional technologies to assist students in developing a high level of professional competence
- Over 100 private scholarships
- Teacher Education programs at Wayne State University have been granted Initial Accreditation by the Teacher Education Accreditation Council (TEAC) and Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) for a period of five years; October, 2012 – October, 2017. This accreditation certifies that these programs have provided evidence that they adhere to CAEP’s and TEAC’s quality principles.
- Wayne State University is an NCA accreditated Carnegie I Research University
It is my hope that you will find the answers to your questions as you explore this website. Please contact us via email or call (313) 577-1620 with any questions.
Again, thank you for joining the College of Education!
R. Douglas Whitman, Ph.D., Dean