Advising for Undergraduate and Graduate Students
The Division of Academic Services is located in the College of Education Building on Gullen Mall. The division provides start to finish advising for undergraduate students and pre-admission advising for prospective students seeking information about the college's graduate degree and certificate programs.
Mailing Address and Phone Numbers for Academic Services:
Wayne State University
College of Education
5425 Gullen Mall
Detroit, Michigan 48202
Phone Numbers: (313) 577-1601 or (313) 577-1605
Fax Number: (313) 577-7904
Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Note: During the fall and winter semesters when classes are in session, office hours are extended to 6:00 p.m. on Mondays and Tuesdays.
Tuesdays from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Open Advising for Undergraduate students is for:
- Completion of Guest Applications, Satisfactory Academic Process, Teach Grant and other verification forms
- Submission of Level 2 Application
- Submission of certification documents
- General Advising
Open Advising for Graduate students is for pre-admission advising for prospective students interested in graduate degree and certificate programs. Admitted graduate students should meet with his or her faculty advisor.
Prospective or current students interested in a program within the College of Education are encouraged to meet with an advisor.
- Contact (313) 577-1605 to schedule an appointment with a graduate advisor.
- Schedule an appointment online at: advisingworks.wayne.edu or contact (313) 577-1601 to schedule an appointment with an undergraduate advisor.