Leah R. Ketcheson
Office Hours: Wednesday 2:00 - 5:00
- Undergraduate Degree - Physical Education and French - University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Masters Degree - Adapted Physical Education- Ohio State University, Columbus
- PhD - Kinesiology - University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
Dr. Leah Ketcheson joins WSU as adjunct faculty with extensive experience implementing physical and social programming for individuals with disabilities across the lifespan. Dr. Ketcheson is a recent graduate from the University of Michigan, School of Kinesiology earning her doctoral degree in Adapted Physical Activity. Her dissertation studies focused on the motor behavior of young children with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Dr. Ketcheson teaches classes in the College of Education, Kinesiology, Health and Sport Studies. This year Dr. Ketcheson was responsible for teaching Adapted Physical Activity, Disability Sport and Assessment in Special Populations.
Early motor and physical activity interventions for special populations.
Area Of Expertise
The motor skill development and levels of physical activity in children and youth with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Community based motor skill interventions for young children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Adapted Physical Activity
- Disability & Sport
- Assessment and Service Delivery: Adapted Physical Education
Community Engagement Activities
Dr. Ketcheson is the Executive Director of LightUp, a non-profit organization whose mission it is to improve the quality of life in individuals with disabilities.