E. Whitney G. Moore
Office Hours: Tuesday 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. and by appointment.
- B.S. Exercise Physiology, West Virginia University,
- M.S. Interdisciplinary: Health and Exercise Science & Food Science and Human Nutrition, Colorado State University,
- Ph.D. Health and Psychology of Physical Activity, University of Kansas
Area Of Expertise
- Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Achievement Motivation Theory
- Quantitative Analyses: Structural Equation Modeling and Missing Data
My research interest is on how to maintain and increase youth and young adults' engagement with physical activity. I am particularly interested in resarching the leader behaviors that influence participants' motivation and empowerment to continue to be physically active.
My other research interest is on the implementation of planned missing data designs to assist applied researchers in education, psychology, and related fields with collected high quality data while decreasing the burden on the study participants.
- Fitness Assessment
- Student Well-being Interventions: The Effects of Stress Management Techniques and Gratitude Journaling in the Management Education Classroom
Flinchbaugh, C., *Moore, E. W. G.*, Chang, Y. F., & May, D. R. 2012 Journal of Management Education 36(2)
- Promoting Integrative Youth Physical Development in the United States
Stodden, D., Howard, R., Faigenbaum, A., Richardson, C., Meadors, L., *Moore, E. W. G.*, Molony, J., McHenry, P., Graziano, J., & Cullen-Carroll, P. 2012 Professional Strength & Conditioning 26
- Construct-validity of the Engagement with Challenge Measure for Adolescents: Structural- and Criterion-Validity Evidence
*Moore, E. W. G.* & Hansen, D. M. 2012 Psychology Journal 3(10)
- Developing Youth’s Positive View of Physical Activity
*Moore, E. W. G* 2013 Strength & Conditioning Journal
- On the Joys of Missing Data
Little, T. D., Jorgensen, T. D., Lang, K. M., & *Moore, E. W. G.* 2014 Journal of Pediatric Psychology
- Planned missing data designs & small sample size: How small is too small?
Jia, F., *Moore, E. W. G.*, Kinaim, R., Crowe, K., Schoemann, A. & Little, T. D. 2014 International Journal of Behavioral Development
- Psychometric properties of the Abbreviated Perceived Motivational Climate in Exercise Questionnaire.
*Moore, E. W. G.*, Brown, T. C., & Fry, M. D. 2015 Measurement in Physical Education and Exercise Science 19(4)
- Proper use of feedback leads to optimal motivational climate
Staley, A. & *Moore, E. W. G.* 2016 Journal of Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance 87(8)
- Validity and reliability of the Connor-Davidson Resilience Scale (CD-RISC) in competitive sport
Gonzalez, S. P., *Moore, E. W. G.*, Newton, M., & Galli, N. A. 2016 Psychology of Sport and Exercise 23
- Parent, coach, and peer created motivational climates: Relation to goal orientations and mental toughness
Beck, N., Petrie, T., Harmison, R., & *Moore, E. W. G.* 2017 International Journal of Sport Psychology
- Strength Training and Sport Psychology
*Moore, E. W. G* 2017 Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Psychology
- National Franchise Members’ Perceptions of the Exercise Psychosocial Environment, Ownership, and Satisfaction
*Moore, E. W. G.* & Fry, M. D. 2 2017 Sport, Exercise, & Performance Psychology