Office Hours: By appointment.
- M.A., Teaching & Curriculum, Michigan State University, 2014
- B.A., History & English as a Second Language, 2010
- Professional Education Certificate: History, Social Studies Rx, and English as a Second Language (6-12)
Kaitlin Popielarz is a course instructor, clinical instructional coach, and PhD Candidate in Wayne State University's College of Education. Kaitlin is a former secondary and adult education social studies teacher, which is where she developed her passion for empowering learning communities.
- PhD Candidate, K-12 Curriculum & Instruction
- Clinical Instructional Coach, Office of Clinical Experiences
- Course Instructor, Teacher Education Division
Kaitlin's research and teaching interests include connecting teacher preparation to the local community in order to provide future educators the opportunity to learn community-based and culturally sustaining pedagogy for education rooted in social justice.
- TED 5650: Analysis of Secondary Teaching
- ELE 6600: Elementary Social Studies
- TED 2250: Becoming an Urban Educator
Community Engagement Activities
- We The People of Detroit Community Research Collective
- Wayne State University's Commission on the Status of Women