Office Hours: By appointment.
- M.A., Teaching & Curriculum, Michigan State University, 2014
- B.A., History & English as a Second Language, 2010
- Professional Education Certificate: History, Social Studies Rx, and English as a Second Language (6-12)
Kaitlin is a certified secondary educator and curriculum development consultant. She has taught middle school and high school social studies, along with GED social studies courses for adult students. Kaitlin earned her Master of Arts in Teaching & Curriculum from Michigan State University and is a current PhD student in K – 12 Curriculum & Instruction at Wayne State University. Kaitlin is a Clinical Instructional Coach for secondary education interns in the Office of Clinical Experiences.
- PhD Student, K-12 Curriculum & Instruction
- Clinical Instructional Coach, Office of Clinical Experiences
- Leonard Kaplan Education Collaborative, Student Representative
Kaitlin is interested in connecting teacher education programs to the local community in order to provide future educators the opportunity to learn place based and culutrally relevant pedagogy for the diverse learners they will teach. This sustainable partnership between the local community and university would cultivate inclusive learning spaces in which students are provided an equitable and just education.
- TED 5650: Analysis of Secondary Teaching
Community Engagement Activities
- We The People of Detroit Community Research Collective