Sandra Lynn Yarema
Office Hours: By Appointment
Appointments made during scheduled times by the secretary (313) 577- 1743. Alternate times may be scheduled directly by email.
- PhD Curriculum & Instruction, Science Education- Wayne State University 2015
- Master of Science Education- Lawrence Technological University 1999
- Bachelor of Science- Elementary Education- Oakland University 1984
- State of Michigan, Continuing Certificate (DX- Integrated Science Grades k-9), Grades K- 8 all subjects, granted 1997.
Currently Clinical Assistant Professor for Science Teacher Education ;
Previous 20 years experience, MI certified teacher, middle grades 5 - 8, science, reproductive health, mathematics, language arts.
Coached Regional Science Olympiad team to competition in state finals, Coached Robofest- middle school robotics world wide competition, Sponsored Regional ( Science & Engineering Fair of MetroDetroit) entrants.
Memberships and active associations:
- American Educational Research Association
- Association of Science Teacher Educators
- Detroit Area Council Teachers of Mathematics
- Metro-Detroit Area Science Teachers Association
- Michigan Science Education Leaders Association
- Michigan Science Teachers Association- Board of Directors, Conference Co-chair
- National Association Reasearch in Science Teaching
- National Science Teachers Association
- Society of College Science Teachers- State membership chair
- Instructing Courses Science Teacher Education
- Program Coordinator for Science Teacher Education
- Regional Director for SouthEast Michigan Junior Science & Humanities Symposium
- Science Curriculum & Instruction
- Science Teacher Education
- Nature of Science
- Strategies for best practice in science teacher education
Area Of Expertise
- Science Education Best Practicies
- Teacher Education and Professional Development
Co-Investigator for FACTs & Careers: A Scalable Place-Based Educational Program at a Public Aquarium to Increase STEM Career Choices, NSF funded research project involving Detroit Public Community School District teachers and students and the Belle Isle Aquarium.
- Science Curriculum, PreK -8 Elementary
- Biology for Elementary & Middle School Teachers
- Physical Science for Elementary & Middle School Teachers
- Foundations of Teaching & Learning (Graduate seminar)
Community Engagement Activities
- Instructor for TeachDETROIT
- Regional Director for SE MI Junior Science & Humanities Symposium