Office Hours: By appointment.
- B.A. in English from Michigan State University
- M.A.T. from Wayne State University
- Ed.D in R.L.L. from Wayne State University
- Secondary Teaching Certification, State of Michigan
I came to the United States as a child, living in Sterling Heights. I attended M.S.U. and graduated with an English degree. I attended Wayne for the Master of Arts in Teaching degree where I also obtained secondary certification. I began teaching at Bishop Foley Catholic High School and Baker College, Clinton Township campus. I left Bishop Foley and accepted a full time position at Baker College. There I helped start the Teacher Preparation Program and became Dean of Education and Human Services at the Clinton Township campus until I left to complete my dissertation. I taught in an adjunct capacity at Wayne, and I received my Ed.D in Reading, Language and Literature in 2015. My dissertation investigated the beliefs and practices of developmental reading instructors in an open admission college. Once I received my doctorate, I worked as a literacy specialist at Hope Academy in Detroit for three years and then came to Wayne full time as a lecturer, responsible for teaching four classes and advising students.
- Teach RLL and ELE reading and language arts courses.
- Advise students.
- Teaching in an urban environment
- Developmental reading instruction in higher education
Area Of Expertise
- Developmental reading in higher education.
- Teaching in an urban environment.
- R.L.L. 4430 and 6120
- ELE 3320, 6610, and 6290
- APEX program
Community Engagement Activities
Previously worked with Dominican Literaccy, Board of Education at Reach Academy, and Board of Macomb County Food Bank.