Timothy W. Spannaus
Spring-Summer: By appointment
- PhD, Instructional Technology, Wayne State University
- MS, Radio-TV, University of Illinois at Urbana
- BS, Radio-TV, University of Illinois at Urbana
Tim returned to WSU in 2001 after twenty years in business. He has been president of two professional associations, the Association for Development of Computer-based Instructional Systems and the International Board of Standards for Training, Performance and Instruction.
Dr. Spannaus teaches interactive technologies classes. He is also director of the Certificate in College and University Teaching.
Message Design, Design and Development of e-learning, Digital Games for Learning, Multimedia for Learning, Digital Video, Learning Management Systems, Project Management, Scholarship of Teaching and Learning.
Area Of Expertise
e-Learning/Online learning, instructional design and development, competency development, project management, scholarship of teaching and learning.
Online learning, multimedia, teaching and learning.
- Multimedia design and development
- Teaching in higher education
- Learning Management Systems
- Background, Issues and Trends in LDT
- Internship and Practicum
Community Engagement Activities
- Southest Michigan Red Cross
- Episcopal Diocese of Michigan
Service Award - International Society for Performance Improvement
Graduate Faculty Mentor Award
ibstpi Fellow. International Board of Standards for Training, Performance and Instruction
- Knowledge Capture and Training Development
2008 - 2008
- Professional Development for Science Teachers
2009 - 2009
- Using Competencies for Performance Improvement
*Spannaus, T.W.* 2005 Society of Insurance Trainers and Educators (SITE). Seattle. June
- Instructional Design for Video
*Spannaus, T.W.* & Franetovic, M. 2005 Lilly Conference on College and University Teaching, Miami University, Oxford, OH. November.
- Web Tools for Collaborative Writing
*Spannaus, T.W.* 2005 Lilly Conference on College and University Teaching, Miami University, Oxford, OH. November.
- Competencies for Online and Face-to-Face Instructors
*Spannaus, T.W.* 2006 Society of Insurance Trainers and Educators (SITE). June, Jersey City, NJ.
- Creating Video for Teachers and Trainers
Spannaus, Timothy W. 2012 San Francisco: Pfeiffer
- Jim Huggins
*Spannaus, T.W.* 1998 The ID Casebook: Case Studies in Insructional Design
- Instructional Technology and Training Series
Rothwell, W., Richey, R.C. and *Spannaus, T.W.* Instructional Technology and Training Series
- Iris Daniels
*Spannaus, T.W.* & Jones, T.S. 2013 The ID Casebook: Case Studies in Insructional Design
- Training Manager Competencies: The Standards
Foxon, M., Richey, R.C., Roberts, R. & *Spannaus, T.W.* 2003 Training Manager Competencies: The Standards
- New online learning technologies: New online learner competencies. Really?
De la Teja, I. & *Spannaus, T.W.* 2009 Learners in a changing learning landscape: Reflections from a dialog on new roles and expectations