Suleiman Mohamed Hamdan
Office Hours: As arranged on-line via WIMBA. Please contact instructor to make an appointment.
Wayne State University
- Doctor of Education in Curriculum and Instruction (1999).
- Education Specialist in General Administration and Supervision (1993)
- Master of Arts in Teaching (Secondary-Bilingual Education and Social Studies, 1989)
- BA in Sociology (1985)
Dr. Suleiman Hamdan attended Wayne State University, where he completed a Master of Arts in Teaching (1989), an Education Specialist in General Administration and Supervision (1993), and a Doctor of Education in Curriculum and Instruction (1999). Dr. Hamdan designs and delivers on-line instruction in the area of multicultural and bilingual education. In addition, Dr. Hamdan has an expertise in local, national and international accreditation of schools, and serves as a school improvement consultant with Wayne RESA, and a Lead Evaluator with AdvancED.
Teacher Education, Bilingual/Bicultural Education
- Multicultural Education
- Language and Culture
- Ethnic Relations
Area of Expertise
- Multicultural and bilingual education.
- School improvement and accreditation.
- On-line instruction.
- Professional teacher preparation
- Curriculum development and assessment.
- Dissertation (1999): An examination of perceptions of ethnoviolence among urban middle and high school students.http://digitalcommons.wayne.edu/dissertations/AAI9932982/
- Hamdan, Suleiman M. & Martinez, Rodolfo (2000): An Exploration of Ethnic/Cultural Violence Preceptions Among Urban Middle and High School Students . http://www.aahperd.org/aahe/publications/ajhe/upload/jul-aug_2000.pdf
- Related ASCD Resources for The Educator's Guide to Preventing and Solving Discipline ProblemsRelated ASCD Resources for The Educator's Guide to Preventing and Solving Discipline Problems: http://www.ascd.org/publications/books/105124/chapters/Related-ASCD-Resources-for-The-Educator's-Guide-to-Preventing-and-Solving-Discipline-Problems.aspx
- Comparing the integration of Muslims in Brussels and Detroit (2008) http://www.clas.wayne.edu/multimedia/usercontent/File/Center%20for%20Peace%20and%20Conflict%20Studies/GMFUS%2027-8-2008.PDF
Community Engagement Activities
- Arab American National Museum
- United Way of Southeastern Michigan