Fawne N. Allossery
Open advising on Tuesdays between 9a-4p (first-come, first-served) in 489 Education. If you cannot meet on a Tuesday, please schedule an appointment through WAMS: https://wams.wayne.edu. Select "College of Education", Location: “Main Campus” and select appropriate subject.
Education Specialist, Instructional Technology (Wayne State University), in progress
Online Teaching Graduate Certificate (Wayne State University), in progress
College and University Teaching Graduate Certificate (Wayne State University), 2016
M.Ed. in Kinesiology, Exercise and Sport Science (Wayne State University), 2013
M.A. in Education, Sports Administration (Wayne State University), 2001
B.S. in Psychology (Wayne State University), 1999
Ms. Fawne Allossery has worked as an Academic Services Officer (ASO) for Wayne State University in the College of Education, Division of Academic Services since 2006 and was awarded ESS in 2011 and promoted from ASO II to ASO III in 2015. In this position, Ms. Allossery serves as the primary advisor for approximately 450 registered students, majoring in Kinesiology, Health Education, and Secondary Education. She is also the degree auditor for all bachelor’s degree students in the College of Education, and recommends teacher candidates to the Michigan Department of Education for their provisional teaching certificate. Ms. Allossery is also classified as Part-Time Faculty within the Division of Kinesiology, Health, and Sport Studies. She’s taught several upper-division and graduate-level courses within the Health Education, and Exercise and Sport Science programs.
Ms. Allossery assists with a variety of campus-wide initiatives, including but not limited to Scholar’s Day and other Honors College events, Commencement, Open Houses, New Student and Transfer Orientations, Counselor Update meetings, and currently serves on numerous College and divisional committees, including Curriculum, Assessment, Academic Staff Promotion and Tenure, Selective Salary, and the Office of Clinical Experiences Advisory Board. Ms. Allossery has previously served on the College’s Elections Committee as well as the TeachDETROIT Planning Committee, and the Diversity (Social Justice) Committee, among others. Ms. Allossery also coordinated the Pathways Learning Community for two years, securing over $15,000 in grant funding.
Ms. Allossery is also currently an Adjunct Instructor in the Wellness, Health, and Exercise Science Department at Macomb Community College. Ms. Allossery served as Macomb’s Head Women’s Basketball Coach and Sports Information Coordinator for six years (2001-07), and the Head Volleyball Coach for two seasons (2003-04).
• Advise Secondary Education students
• Verify degree requirements for bachelor degree students
• Verify requirements for initial teacher certification for undergraduates, Post-Bachelor & combined degree students in the College of Fine, Performing & Communication Arts and the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
• Process requests for "degree only" and "major only"
• Update Post-Bachelor major/minor and undergraduate curriculum guides
• Coordinate the Dean's List and Honors Programs
Area Of Expertise
•Academic advising (Community Health, Exercise and Sport Science, Physical Education, School Health, Secondary Education)
•Teacher education and certification requirements
•Exercise, health and sport psychology
HE 3500 Human Disease
HE 5522 Health Psychology
HE 5993 Writing Intensive Course in Health Education
KIN 5520 Sport Psychology
KIN 5523 Physical Activity and Exercise Psychology
Community Engagement Activities
- American Association of University Professors-American Federation of Teachers (AAUP-AFT)
- American Association of University Women (AAUW)
- Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE)
- Michigan Academic Advising Association (MIACADA)
- Michigan College Personnel Association (MCPA)
- Michigan Education Association (MEA)
- National Academic Advising Association (NACADA)
- Society of Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE)
- Society of Health and Physical Educators-Michigan (SHAPE-MI)