"Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life."
Have you always dreamed of working in the sports industry? The Master of Arts degree in Sports Administration at Wayne State University can help make that dream a reality. Located in the heart of one of the country's biggest sports towns, Detroit offers a myriad of opportunities for internships, networking, and career placement.
The MA program in Sports Administration is designed to prepare our students for a career within the broad spectrum of sports programs, agencies, and related organizations. Our students gain knowledge and skills through coursework in four areas of specialization: Interscholastic Athletic Administration, Intercollegiate Athletic Administration, Professional Sports Administration, or Commercial Sports Administration. They also gain practical experience through an internship in the sports industry.
The Master of Arts degree in Sports Administration is flexible in format and is designed to meet the needs of students who choose to take classes on either a full or part time basis. Students may tailor their program of study to meet specific educational and employment objectives, and will work with advisors who will develop a custom Plan of Work for each individual based on their educational background, experience and goals.
To learn more about the Master of Arts degree in Sports Administration at Wayne State University, please contact one of our advisors or complete your application on-line. Admission to this program is contingent upon admission to the Graduate School and the Division.
Housed within the Kinesiology, Health, and Sports Studies division is the Volunteers-Administrators-Coaches: Training Programs
designed to enhance the quality of youth sports activities and provides a community service component for our Sports Administration graduate program.
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- College of Education 2014 Teacher Certification Meeting Schedule - RSVP Today!
- March 11 2014Education, College ofIf you have a bachelor's degree in a field other than Education and would like to become a certified teacher, we invite you to attend an information meeting to learn more about the Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) and Post-Bachelor Certification Programs at WSU. Attendees must possess or be within one year of completing a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college/university. Please bring legible copies of all transcripts. 2014 Meeting Schedule: Saturday, January 25, 2014 - Room 10 COE 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, February 5, 2014 – University Center (Macomb Extension Center) 5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. Thursday, February 20, 2014 - Room 441 (Dean’s Conference Room) COE 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 16, 2014 – Oakland Extension Center 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Saturday, May 10, 2014 - Room 10 COE 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - Room 441 (Dean’s Conference Room) COE 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Saturday, July 12, 2014 - Room 10 COE 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, August 19, 2014 - Room 10 COE 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Friday, September 19, 2014 - Room 10 COE 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Final Defense for Jeffery Lip
- March 18 2014 at 11:00 AMEducation, College ofDoctor of Philosophy Candidate: Jeffery LipMajor: CounselingAdvisor: Dr. George ParrisCommittee: Dr. Arnold Coven, Dr. Stuart Itzkowitz and Dr. A. Antonio Gonzalez-PrendesDissertation: The Effects of a Career-Planning Course on Community College Students' Career Self-Efficacy and Career Indecisiveness
- Final Defense for Ching-Yi Wu
- March 20 2014 at 11:30 AMEducation, College ofDoctor of Philosophy Candidate: Ching-Yi WuMajor: Evaluation & ResearchAdvisor: Dr. Karen TonsoCommittee: Dr. Monte Piliawsky, Dr. David Whitin and Dr. Loraleigh KeashlyDissertation: Qualitative Study of Taiwanese Students Studying Abroad: Social Interactions, Navigating U.S. Culture, and Experiences Learning English Language
- Spring Open House
- March 22 2014 at 10:00 AMMain CampusOpen House is an exploratory program for prospective students to learn about the degree programs and student support services that Wayne State has to offer. Hear from our faculty, staff and students about what your future will be like as a Wayne State Warrior.
- More Events