Lifestyle Fitness Activities
The Division of Kinesiology, Health and Sport Studies offers a diverse and interesting selection of courses designed for individuals who want to take charge of their own health, quality of life and recreational future. Never again in your life will you have the opportunity to learn so many different valuable recreational and fitness skills so conveniently, and with such first-rate instruction. While attending WSU, you will have an opportunity to learn to swim, fence, study T'ai Chi, participate in team sports, strength train, take a variety of fitness classes, and even qualify for American Red Cross certificate in First Aid/CPR. Your time at Wayne State is a rare opportunity to begin a lifetime program of fitness and recreational activities that will serve you well now and into your future.
LFA Coordinator: Kristen Kaszeta (313) 577-6210
The link below is a student interest survey about the current Lifestyle Fitness Activity classes. Please take the survey (approximately 5 minutes) and provide feedback to help create different LFA courses, more time options, and new course ideas. All survey participants will be eligible to win WSU gear.
Course Descriptions and Syllabi
The program is constantly reviewing and improving our course offerings to best meet the needs of our students as they compete in an increasing competitive, global and technical society.
Course descriptions and syllabi are listed below. Course syllabi will change from semester to semester. the course content may remain largely the same but with perhaps different emphases on specific topics. Students are advised to seek the active syllabus for a course from the active course Blackboard page.
- LFA 1020 - Individual Skill Development Lab (Varsity Athletes only)
- LFA 1030 - Personal Fitness Sampler (Section 23608)
- LFA 1040 - Healthy Lifestyle Basics (Section 26549)
- LFA 1100 - Swimming: Elementary (Section 21099)
- LFA 1210 - Pilates Matwork (Section 22735)
- LFA 1220 - Cardio-Fit Kickboxing (Section 24395)
- LFA 1230 - Sculpt, Stretch and Tone (Sections 22511/25894/24067)
- LFA 1250 - Zumba™ (Section 22320)
- LFA 1315 - Boxing Conditioning (Section 26551)
- LFA 1320 - Boot Camp Fitness (Section 23265/24484)
- LFA 1470 - Mindfulness, Fitness, and Stress Management (Section 26567)
- LFA 1480 - Yoga (Sections 21101/21102/22907/22908)
- LFA 1480 - Yoga (Sections 25895/25896)
- LFA 1510 - Women's Fitness (Section 26552)
- LFA 1520 - Kickball/Dodgeball (Section 23609)
- LFA 1530 - Basketball: Fundamental Skills (Section 26553)
- LFA 1640 - Weight Training and Fitness (Section 33690)
- LFA 1640 - Weight Training and Fitness (Section 32405)
- LFA 1640 - Weight Training and Fitness (Sections 35763/35765)
- LFA 1780 - Tai Chi Chuan: Beginning (Section 22736)
- LFA 1850 - Soccer: Beginning (Section 25901)
- LFA 1992 - Volleyball: Beginning (Section 21104)
- LFA 2330 - First Aid and CPR