Ph.D. in Exercise and Sport Science
The Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) program will prepare the next generation of researchers and scholars in kinesiology. These individuals are also expected to become outstanding teachers and leaders in their respective fields. Our doctoral students will obtain scholarly and professional communication skills that are appropriate to their specialization and refinement of these skills through regular participation in scientific conferences and presentations.
The program will follow policies and procedures for Ph.D. programs already established by the WSU Graduate School and by the College of Education. The requirement is a minimum of 90 credit hours including: 30 credits of dissertation; statistics and research methods courses; doctoral seminars; and elective courses.
Admission to the Ph.D. program is contingent upon admission to the Graduate School. In addition, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Faculty interview is mandatory prior to applying for the PhD program
- Research plan of intent must include research alignment with potential academic advisor.
- 2 academic recommendations
- Writing sample of thesis or publication
- 3.0 minimum GPA
- Valid and official GRE Scores
- A graduate degree in kinesiology, physical education, or a closely related field or experience is preferred and highly recommended.
Note: Please do not begin or submit an application if you have not secured a faculty advisor.