2020 Education Annual Job Fair
We're going VIRTUAL! Due to COVID-19, the annual Education Job Fair will take place virtually from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Friday, May 1, 2020. Wayne State students and alumni who are seeking employment or interested in boosting their communication, interviewing and networking skills are encouraged to attend. Students and graduates from education programs at colleges and universities throughout the state, current education professionals and others interested in pursuing careers in education are also welcome to participate in the event.
- There is no fee for participation, but candidates must register online by Tuesday, April 28, 2020 to reserve a spot with a recruiter.
- When you register, you will receive instructions on how to schedule appointments with recruiters.
Have the following information ready to be added to your candidate registration form:
- Phone numbers
- Teaching major, teaching minor, additional endorsement(s) or certification
- Professional e-portfolio link (make it public)
- LinkedIn or other electronic resume (make it public)
- Personal statement (optional; maximum 200 words)
- Pay attention to capitalization, punctuation and grammar as this information will be shared (with your permission) with recruiters
Professional Development Workshop Series
Get prepared for the Education Job Fair with the College of Education and Wayne State University Career Services preparation workshop. Learn job fair tips, have your resume reviewed, and more. Get Ready to be Hired!
COE Career Workshop: "Job Searching in the Virtual World"
Time: April 8, 2020 | 4:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Zoom Meeting Link: https://zoom.us/j/558402439
Meeting ID: 558 402 439
Join Career Services and the College of Education to learn valuable tips and strategies that will prepare you to network and find job opportunities. We will discuss how to research potential employers, what you can expect to encounter in today's job market, and how to use your social media to build a campaign toward your dream career. Be prepared to develop an "elevator pitch"!
COE Career Workshop: "Effective Strategies for Online Resumes"
Time: April 15, 2020 | 4:30 p.m.- 6:00 p.m.
Zoom Meeting Link: https://zoom.us/j/117928961
Meeting ID: 117 928 961
First impressions are important. Join Career Services and the College of Education for a workshop on how to prepare your resume for your job campaign. Learn successful tips on marketing your skills and abilities in today's job market to improve your resume-interview ratio. Have your resume nearby for pointers and we will have opportunities for anyone that wants to make an appointment for in individual resume review.
Career Fair Plus
Information about registered job fair recruiters is available by using the CareerFairPlus app, which is available for both Android and iOS.
If you have questions about the job fair, contact Mary Waker, Ed.D., at 313-577-8552 or email@example.com.