Research & Community Engagement
The Wayne State University College of Education is committed to research that contributes to the scholarly study of education as well as to the practical application of teaching and learning methodologies.
The web pages that follow demonstrate the scholarship of our faculty. They also share findings and successful model programs. We hope the availability of this information will stimulate lively conversations and new collaborations. Many of the abstracts posted have a link to the principal investigator for this purpose. Lastly, services within College of Education that are available to help faculty develop competitive proposals are listed.
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- Applications for the winter 2014 GO-GIRL Program are Due by 12/7/2013
- December 6 2013Education, College ofApplications for the Winter 2014 GO-GIRL program are now available. Applicants must submit an application with a personal statement and solicit a recommendation from a person that will support their application. Each year the number of applications we receive continues to grow and our selection process becomes more challenging. Selections are based on the quality of the application and recommendation so applicants need to take the time to carefully and thoroughly complete the process by the December 7, 2013 deadline. Since teamwork is a critical component of the program, participants must be able to commit to attending all sessions. Be sure to check out the GO-GIRL Winter 2014 Calendar on the GO-GIRL website before applying. Applications and recommendation forms are available at www.gogirls.wayne.edu Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
- College of Education Teacher Certification Meetings 2014 - RSVP Today!
- December 6 2013Education, College ofIf you have a bachelor's degree in a field other than Education and would like to become a certified teacher, we invite you to attend an information meeting to learn more about the Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) and Post-Bachelor Certification Programs at WSU. Attendees must possess or be within one year of completing a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college/university. Please bring legible copies of all transcripts. 2014 Meeting Schedule: Saturday, January 25, 2014 - Room 10 COE 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, February 5, 2014 – University Center (Macomb Extension Center) 5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. Thursday, February 20, 2014 - Room 441 (Dean’s Conference Room) COE 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 16, 2014 – Oakland Extension Center 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Saturday, May 10, 2014 - Room 10 COE 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - Room 441 (Dean’s Conference Room) COE 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Saturday, July 12, 2014 - Room 10 COE 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, August 19, 2014 - Room 10 COE 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Friday, September 19, 2014 - Room 10 COE 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- The Librarian is in!
- December 11 2013 at 3:00 PMEducation, College ofFrom 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. in the College of Education, room 217. If you need help with research strategies, library resources, APA citation, Beginning EndNote, faculty publishing, Wayne State digital repository deposits visit Veronica Bielat, Education Liaison Librarian (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Final Defense for Rand Ramadan Fakih
- December 11 2013 at 3:00 PMEducation, College ofDoctor of Philosophy Candidate: Rand Ramadan FakihMajor: Educational PsychologyAdvisor: Dr. Barry S. MarkmanCommittee: Dr. Stephen B. Hillman, Dr. Francesca Pernice-Duca and Dr. Marjorie BeeghlyDissertation: Ethnic Identify Among Arab Americans: An Examination of Contextual Influences and Psychological Well-Being
- More Events