The Division of Academic Services
The Academic Services Division is responsible for admitting undergraduate and graduate students to the programs of the College of Education; maintaining all student files; processing and certifying that degree, administrator and teaching certificate requirements have been met; completing approvals for Supervisor and Director of Special Education; and assisting teacher graduates in securing professional positions.
As the initial contact point for prospective students at all degree levels, the Division provides information and advice concerning academic programs offered, admission procedures, administrator and teacher certification requirements, College of Education forms, degree requirements and graduation procedures, teacher placement services, doctoral resources, and regulations and policies pertaining to the College and the University.
The Academic Services Division also provides the following services for faculty, staff and students in the College of Education:
- Determines General Education requirements for undergraduate students.
- Provides pre-admission advising for students seeking information about College of Education programs.
- Monitors student plans of work at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Monitors the academic probation system for the College.
- Maintains curriculum guides and brochures for programs in the College.
- Compiles and monitors the development of the schedule of classes for all Education courses.
- Monitors and prepares the final copy for the College of Education portions of the Undergraduate and Graduate Bulletins.
- Develops Articulation Agreements with Community Colleges.