Alternative Admission and Reinstatement Policy
Student that fall into any of the three categories may apply for alternative admission or reinstatement.
- Students currently excluded may appeal for reinstatement to the College of Education after not attending classes for more than one year.
- Students that have 30 days to immediately appeal an exclusion notification.
- Students that currently have less than a 2.5 GPA and are seeking
Alternative Admission into the College of Education.
- Ensure their Wayne State Access ID is activated, and that you have access to Academica. For help, visit tech.wayne.edu/helpdesk.
- Ensure that you have sent your official transcripts to Wayne State for any coursework completed at another institution during your exclusion from Wayne.
- Clear any/all financial holds through the Office of the University Bursar.
- Fill out the Alternative Admission & Reinstatement Application.
In order for your application to be reviewed, please submit the following documentation:
- Personal Statement (must be type) addressing the following:
- What happened that negatively affected your academic performance?
- Discuss how the circumstances affected each semester in which you experience academic difficulty.
- How these past circumstances changed or been resolved?
- What will you do differently to ensure your future academic success?
- Any other documentation you would like the committee to review in order to make a decision. (i.e. documentation of completion of referral activities in Academic Success Center (ASC) and /or Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS), Career Services, completion of web-based activities from the University Advising Center, medical reports, court documentation etc.).
- Unofficial academic transcript from all institutions/colleges attended.
- An explanation highlighting the reasons you are pursuing a new major. (Completed as a part of the application)
- Spring/Summer - Application submission are due by February 1st . Decisions are made by February 15th, students are notified via email by March 1st.
- Fall Semester – Application submissions are due by June 1st. Decisions are made by July 1st students are notified via email by July 15th
- Winter Term – Application submission are due by October 15th. Decisions are made by November 1st, students are notified via email by November 15th.