Alternative Admission and Reinstatement Policy
Who Should Apply for Alternative Admissions or Reinstatement?
Student who fall into any of the following three categories may apply for alternative admission or reinstatement.
- Students excluded in the past may appeal for reinstatement to the College of Education after not attending Wayne State for more than one year.
- Students recently excluded have 30 days to immediately appeal an exclusion notification.
- Students enrolled in other Wayne State program who currently have less than a 2.5 GPA and are seeking
Alternative Admission into the College of Education.
- Ensure their Wayne State Access ID is activated, and that you have access to Academica. For help, visit tech.wayne.edu/helpdesk.
- Ensure that you have sent your official transcripts to Wayne State for any coursework completed at another institution during your exclusion from Wayne.
- Clear any/all financial holds through the Office of the University Bursar.
- Fill out the Alternative Admission & Reinstatement Application.
In order for your application to be reviewed, please submit the following documentation:
- Personal Statement (must be type) addressing the following:
- What happened that negatively affected your academic performance?
- Discuss how the circumstances affected each semester in which you experience academic difficulty.
- How these past circumstances changed or been resolved?
- What will you do differently to ensure your future academic success?
- Any other documentation you would like the committee to review in order to make a decision. (i.e. documentation of completion of referral activities in Academic Success Center (ASC) and /or Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS), Career Services, completion of web-based activities from the University Advising Center, medical reports, court documentation etc.).
- Unofficial academic transcript from all institutions/colleges attended.
- An explanation highlighting the reasons you are pursuing a new major. (Completed as a part of the application)
- Spring/Summer Semester - Application submission are due by February 15th.
- Fall Semester – Application submissions are due by July 15th.
- Winter Semester – Application submission are due by October 15th.
*If you are appealing immediate exclusion, appeals are due within 30 day of the dismissal notification.