Why choose the College of Education at Wayne State?
Dedicated teachers and other education professionals get a great start here!
- 37 specialized undergraduate and graduate programs taught by diverse, nationally respected faculty
- Over 600 courses from which to choose
- Professional laboratory experiences in local settings: classrooms, schools, school districts, agencies and businesses
- Unique mentoring and tutoring opportunities in metropolitan Detroit
- Cutting-edge instructional technologies to assist students in developing a high level of professional competence
- Over 100 private scholarships
- Wayne State University is an NCA accreditated Carnegie I Research University
Did you know... the College of Education has been able to:
- develop innovative, award-winning programs
- recruit students from minority and other underrepresented groups to complete degrees in education and become certified teachers
- establish an endowed professorship, which is a hallmark of research universities and provides stability to a college
- annually provide students more than 100 scholarships averaging $1,000 each, but some worth $3,000 or more
- increase the research opportunities for the faculty to enhance knowledge in areas such as reading, science education and child development
- provide computers, software and technology to assist students with curriculum development, technological enhancements, classroom presentation and research skills
- continually upgrade resources to ensure that students and the faculty and staff are provided with the latest technological advancements
- regularly conduct activities with local school districts to recruit qualified students for our programs
- hold liaison meetings with local school districts to better understand their future needs, enabling us to help students find employment
- upgrade and enhance resources and services for faculty and students
- upgrade professional training for the workforce through instructional technology programs
- offer more than 40 significant community outreach service activities and programs reaching thousands of metropolitan Detroit children and their caregivers
- understanding what is necessary to participate in and contribute to a complex, diverse society; to achieve this mission, the College of Education is committed to excellence in teaching, research and service.